Meet Some People
Let me start by saying...I have internet at my house!!!!! Seriously, after about 8 weeks of waiting, phoning, going into Telmex and pestering on a weekly basis (sometimes more), this is a very exciting event! So now, I will try and update this thing a little more frequently.
I thought I would take this time to introduce you all to a few of the people I've been working with. We have jumped in with a variety of ministries, but the main thing we are trying to do right now is make connections with youth and university students, and draw them into our church plant (RETO).
Although this isn't a great picture (mostly backs) these are some of the young girls that we have recruited to be our "dancers" for the summer camp that we are doing in July. The woman talking to them is our pastor's wife...Sandra. Anyway, last Saturday Jen and I met with the girls at the church to learn these dances. That's right...you got me...white, Mennonite girl from Canada...learning to dance with these young latino girls from Mexico. It was fun! They're super-sweet, and I enjoyed getting to know them a bit better. None of them actually come to our church, so it's a neat opportunity to build this relationship with them.

We just started the Alpha program in our church...we're running it on Sunday mornings. We start by having breakfast together, and then we watch the video and meet in our groups. So, this is a picture of my group of "universitarios"...that's basically "college and career". We've got a good group here!

And this is the youth class...the guy in the blue shirt is Daniel, and he is one of the son's of our Colombian pastors (also missionaries). These are some of the youth that we are trying to start a youth group with!
So, those are a few of the people I'm getting to know, and starting to work with. I will introduce you to more another time!
I thought I would take this time to introduce you all to a few of the people I've been working with. We have jumped in with a variety of ministries, but the main thing we are trying to do right now is make connections with youth and university students, and draw them into our church plant (RETO).
Although this isn't a great picture (mostly backs) these are some of the young girls that we have recruited to be our "dancers" for the summer camp that we are doing in July. The woman talking to them is our pastor's wife...Sandra. Anyway, last Saturday Jen and I met with the girls at the church to learn these dances. That's right...you got me...white, Mennonite girl from Canada...learning to dance with these young latino girls from Mexico. It was fun! They're super-sweet, and I enjoyed getting to know them a bit better. None of them actually come to our church, so it's a neat opportunity to build this relationship with them.
We just started the Alpha program in our church...we're running it on Sunday mornings. We start by having breakfast together, and then we watch the video and meet in our groups. So, this is a picture of my group of "universitarios"...that's basically "college and career". We've got a good group here!

And this is the youth class...the guy in the blue shirt is Daniel, and he is one of the son's of our Colombian pastors (also missionaries). These are some of the youth that we are trying to start a youth group with!
So, those are a few of the people I'm getting to know, and starting to work with. I will introduce you to more another time!

4 Comments:
can't wait to see you bust out your sweet moves!
So now that I've made a blog, I can finally comment. Nice stories
Ok..but you realize that we're expecting pictures of you dancing...
gracias por la introduccion de las personas que estas conociendo. Espero que todo lo que estan planeando hacer salga muy bien.
TQM y bendiciones
Post a Comment
<< Home