North Carolina comes to Mexico!

So, here's the team of NC'ers, plus the 2 girls from Calgary, our "Matthew Team", and the Colombian family (4) that pastors our church, RETO. It was truly a cross-cultural experience!

Here are some pictures I took with them. We had the opportunity to hear their life stories at the beginning of their time here. I was often amazed and overwhelmed by how much life some of them have lived already, and the things that God has saved them from! I was also struck by their courage in even coming to Mexico, as none of them have been out of the US before, or even hardly out of NC, and their church has never sent out a missions team before. These guys have so much potential, and I'm excited to see where God will take them!

So, this is Jen and I learning how to be "Gangsters"...oh, actually it's pronounced more like "Gangstas"...apparently we're not supposed to pronounce every letter:) So, what do you think? Can I pull it off?

Okay, this is me and the "dance girls". If you look closely you can see me dancing with them. I really wasn't going to, but they insisted that I join them up front! Seriously, it's been great to get to know them and build a relationship with them. Only one of them actually comes to church, and even that is not very regular. Tomorrow night Jen and I are having them over for a "pyjama party"...should be fun! We're hoping to keep building this relationship with them. Having a team of boys around for 2 weeks certainly didn't hurt!!

And here are some pictures from our Day Camp. I ran the "sports workshop", so I had a lot of fun playing with the kids and getting to know them a bit. This is the 2nd year for RETO to put this children's camp on. Last year we had just over 20 kids, and this year we were praying for 40. We received just over 40! It was a great way to get to know some of the kids and families in the neighborhood, and build some trust for future outreach. It was a lot of work, and many of us got quite sick with a virus that was going around, but God was good and brought us all through it. Our closing service on Sunday was awesome...the parents loved it! Continue to pray for us as we continue building these relationships.

7 Comments:
Look at you getting all fancy with your photos. How do you do that anyways? I want to learn. Honestly, I didn't know that was you with Jen until I read underneath that you were being gangsta's. yikers that's a good photo. Oh so pretty! uh-huh, you are!
The gangsta one, Yeah!you'll have to change the dress code a bit,otherwise you'll pass hands down. The sports, how do you do it, you must have been exhausted! (Just kidding) Looks like a lot of kids came out, great! The team from NC looked interesting, bet you had a good time.
Hey Gals, Thanks for commenting (especially Mom!). Yep, I'm turning gansta! Mom, I'll try and phone you one of these days. Melissa, that pictures are done with a program I downloaded. I'll email you the info.
can't think, but love what you're doing.
I'm so confused at what Dad said. Just for the record... he's NEVER commented on mine before. A little hurt, but whatever. I know they actually love ME. Wanna know why? Because I'm the only child that isn't abandoning them. I know you're going to say "Anthony's there" but lets be serious here...
Hahaha! Yah, I'm not sure about Dad's comment either...except that he loves what I'm doing! Did you get that Melissa? Thanks Dad for commenting! Made my day! Love you family!
Waiting to see Puerto Vallarta & all your doing on your vacation. Have fun, hope it's very relaxing.
Post a Comment
<< Home