My 30th Birthday!!
Here is a breakdown on what I did for my 30th Birthday. The day started with a few calls from friends and family. Oh! And my family had sent some gifts with the Balzers, so I got to open presents first thing in the morning. I have to admit that I love getting presents!! Then Jen took me to Starbucks to pick up a coffee before school. At language school they all sang a Spanish Birthday song for me. Then we ate the cake that Jen had baked and decorated! After class Jen took me for lunch at Applebee's!!!! It was great!
The next adventure of the day: horseback riding!!!! There's this huge park (Colomos) in the middle of the city where you can rent horses and ride the many trails. It was so much fun, and I enjoyed being out and free in nature! It was a beautiful day!


All dressed up and ready to ride!! That's me, a real cowgirl!!! After riding horse, Jen and I wandered around the park and took some fun pictures.

After the park, we went over to Trever and Joan's place and went swimming with Kenia. I couldn't believe how freezing cold the water was!!! I thought this was Mexico!?!

After the "Polar Bear Swim" in the pool, we returned home. When I walked into my room, this is what I saw!

Trever had snuck into our apartment during the day and blown up about 70 balloons, all by himself!!

And I had fun playing!! I may be 30, but I'm still a child at heart!
Then I received more calls from more friends and family, and it was so special to get to talk to people! I have to confess, I was feeling fairly emotional all day as I received all those special birthday wishes from people that I consider pretty important in my life!!
And then a few friends came over, and we had a delicious chocolate fondue!!! Yum! And amazing spinach dip which Jen had made.



And in my mind, a Mexican fiesta is not a real fiesta without a pinata!! (Technically, I've been told that Mexicans only celebrate birthdays with pinatas until a child turns 10, and then the child is too old for a pinata.) But hey, 30 years old...10 years old...who's really counting?!! So, a couple of friends brought a pinata.

How fun is that?!!! So, we didn't actually get to crack it open, because it was kind of late to go outside, and our place is a bit too small. We will though, and I am looking forward to it!
Thanks to all of you who made this a truly special day!!

6 Comments:
Happy Birthday Sandra!!! It sounds like you had a sweet birthday! Take Care!
Gatim (gatimlau.blogspot.com)
Awwwww how fun does that day look? I'm glad Jen did such a great job for you San.
Love ya lots!
Happy Birthday Sandra!! Who knew turning 30 could be so enjoyable, especially when there is a pinata and chocolate. I am glad you had a great day.
Blessings.
Happy Birthday Sandra!
me alegra que hayas tenido un buen dia y lo mejor un exelente celebracion a la mexicana!!!
I'm glad to hear your day was so great. I thought of you often between naps on the train. Happy birthday sister.
love anthony
Post a Comment
<< Home