Monday, October 08, 2007

Birthday Weekend


Well, this year I shared my birthday weekend with Canadian Thanksgiving. I have to admit, generally I don't really like a lot of "spotlight attention", but I have fully learned to embrace my birthday as a day to bask in the attention of others. To allow others to remember me, give me gifts, do special things for me. And I confess, I love it! Don't get me wrong, I love doing it for other people...but I have learned that receiving is also fun:)

So, this year I had a lot to be thankful for at Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for amazing friends in Manitoba who, despite being busy getting ready for a wedding in 1 week, called me the morning after the stagette and sang me a little birthday song! I'm thankful for my family who mostly all remembered (only teasing Anthony!!) to phone me and send me emails. Anthony DID phone me by the way. I'm thankful for birthday presents in the mail from my parents (I know, Melissa helped pick them out), and a phone call first thing in the morning to start my day. Here's my new purse!

I'm also thankful for an amazing team here in Mexico. Joan, Jen and Kenia took me out for breakfast to celebrate. I also got wonderful presents (new CDs, movie, Starbucks card, etc.). And my "boss" Trever called me the night before from Saskatoon to wish me a happy birthday.
I'm very thankful for traditions and great "Canadian food" which we prepared for our youth at RETO.
I'm also thankful for their attempt at a "birthday cake"...mexican version of "Ding Dongs" surrounded by M & M's, topped with matches as candles.

I'm thankful for an amazing youth group. Since I started here the group has grown so much, in size, in faith, in relationship with one another. These are some of my favorite people here in Mexico!

I'm extremely thankful for Dairy Queen and their chocolate ice cream cake! Need I say anymore?



I'm thankful for my roomate Jen, and my friends Yahaira and Claudia. We went out for lunch on Sunday to celebrate ME!!

I have to confess that I'm thankful for sunshine and beautiful weather. However, at this time of year I'm usually thankful for all the fall colors back home. So, I decorated the tables for our thanksgiving supper with these beautiful colors.




Thanks to all for your emails and messages, and for making this a special day for me. I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger melissaplett said...

Love the table.
Love all the 'thank yous'
LOVE that color of bag with that shirt! Very modern and hot!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Paula Reyes said...

que rico que la hayas pasado super chevere, Te quiero mucho, y que sigas cumpliendo muchos mas.

Besos y abrazos

8:00 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Hi Sandra,

Just thought I'd let you know that I found your blog (through various other blog's) and am glad to see that you're doing well...
Have a great day!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home