Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy Birthday to my main man!!

Nope, it's not Carlos, Juan or Jorge...it's my Dad, and it's his birthday!!

Yep, I've always been a bit of a "Daddy's Girl".

And now you know where I get my charming personality, and fabulous sense of style. Love the wallpaper!!

I love this next picture because it's one of the last ones with my Grandma, but I love that she passed on so many of her wonderful traits to my Dad (friendly with everyone, hospitable, loves to laugh, great sense of humor, adventurous, and very hard-working...)
For example, when my parents came to visit me here in Mexico, my Dad just couldn't sit still until he had figured out how to refasten our car mirror. He loves to take care of people!

This is a random Mexican man on the bus...my Dad makes friends wherever he goes!!

This little guy loved my Dad's big hugs and smiles (this is a visit to a local orphanage in GDL).


He really wanted this painting of the chickens fighting...my mom said no...not sure why...

I may have inherited some of my Dad's quirkiness!

Although I couldn't really escape it since apparently both of my parents are a little crazy! Yes, my mom is "milking" the cow while Dad is trying to wrangle it to the ground.
I think this may have been the end of another long day. But not too long for my Dad to get a little romantic...one of his favorite things to do:)

And for many of these reasons my Dad has really ruined it for Melissa and me...how are we ever supposed to find guys half as good as him?
Happy Birthday Dad!!! I love you!!!!
On a completely different note...today (July 4) we are receiving a team of 28 from Central Heights youth group in Abbotsford!! They will work with one of our other churches, helping to run a children's program for a week. As soon as they leave we receive an ACTION team for a month, and they will help out with the children's camp at our church (RETO), then an English camp, and finally a sports camp. Lots of different activities! In there we receive a team from South Abbotford church who will be running the English Camp.

There will be so many different activities this summer, and in it all we will continue discipling our Mexican youth. Please continue to pray for me and my team! We're going to need it!!







2 Comments:

Blogger kathleen marie said...

That was a great entry...happy birthday to your Papa Plett :)

Have fun with the central heights group! Will be praying!

12:10 PM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

Oh. My. GOODNESS! Best blog EVER! Where DID you get those photos from. Dang I love Dad. He really is the best man out there! Kinda sucks how we have to compare everyone to him now ;-) Wow. I need to come down there with Mom and Dad!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home