Monday, October 22, 2007

You Gotta Have Faith, Faith, Faith!

So, I've been thinking a lot about faith lately. It's seems to be coming up over and over, and I feel like God's trying to drive a certain point home.

1. Some of you know that my team (Matthew Team) has come to Mexico with a vision to start a training center, to work with teams from the North, interns, and to train latinos who are interested in missions. We've started doing all of these things, and feel like we've come to the point where we actually need to move forward in finding/building a center. We've been going around the city looking for lots and buildings, and we're starting to realize the immense cost of a project this size. We're starting to fundraise, and have to completely trust that this vision is from God, and that He is going to bring the right people and funds along to support this project.


2. We've been going through some spiritual gifts tests with the youth leaders of our 4 churches. It seems like I have grown in the gift of "faith", and it is now my 2nd strongest gift. Obviously we are all, as Christians, called to have faith...so what does it mean to have the gift of faith? I'm still working that one through. If any of you have words of wisdom, I'd love to hear them!!

3. In our team meetings we are studying the book of Matthew. A couple of weeks ago this passage stood out to me... MT 17:20 "He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, `Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "
I feel like that verse is taking on new meaning for me these days!!

4. Our team of 4 TREK girls (3 Canadians and 1 Thai girl) are scheduled to arrive here a in a week (Monday). I'm really excited to finally meet them and see what God's planned for them. This is where faith came in...Ying (our student from Thailand) needs a special visa to get into Mexico. It turned out to be much more of a process than we had hoped, and the earliest we will find anything out is this Friday. IF by some miracle they actually approve the visa on Friday we need to fax the information quickly to Vancouver where they will give her the Mexican visa so she can quickly apply for the American transit visa she will need for landing and changing planes. So, as you can see it IS possible...but they've also told us it could be up to 3 months to process the visa.

So, for those of you who believe in prayer...please join me in praying this week, that God would move all the government officials involved in this process, and that the paperwork would be approved quickly. Pray that Ying can come together with her team on Monday! And pray for peace in the midst of this process.

I believe that we have a great God who can truly move mountains. I also believe that He has a purpose and a plan in this situation. May He continue to increase my faith and yours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us in on your faith stories! It's so great to hear them.
Cristina

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home