Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Facebook Killed the Blogging Star

So, the past month has been full of activity, and if you're on Facebook you've likely seen some of my photos. Remember the song "Video killed the Radio Star"? That's how I feel about Facebook to Blogging. Don't get me wrong, I've completely given over to it myself. But I realize it's not quite the same.
And what has Sandra been busy with? Well, we've had a few different youth events, some together with the 3 other youth groups in our denomination. Here's a picture...I'm the white girl right in the middle! Haha! It's exciting to see our youth breaking down prejudices and discomfort with one another and starting to bond.



It's also been great to have the 3 TREK girls here for the past month. They've been learning Spanish and getting into life with their Mexican families. We've done some fun outings with them as well. Having new people here gets us out and exploring a little more. One day we went for a picnic to a park with hot springs in it. The water was soooo hot!


And then I went to the wedding of the century when my friends Josh and Francis got married! It was a real Mexican fiesta, and it was so great to see how happy they were together. Francis is Mexican, and Josh is American and he had about 40 people attend from the States. It was a Catholic wedding, with a mass and everything, which was interesting to be a part of. And then there wasn't 1, but 2 "after-parties". Lots of dancing, great food, amazing service, and a beautiful location.

Jen had a little too much fun at the wedding!!

Seriously, just a little accident when we tried to jump this little creek...and a couple of torn tendons later, and she's wearing a cast. She wore it for 2 weeks, and is on the mend!

Then I had a very special visit from my amazing friend Kathleen Doll from BC. It was so encouraging to have her here, and we toured around, drank a LOT of Starbucks, and just basically got caught up on life! It was hard to see her go!!

We went out one night to celebrate Kathleen's birthday! So, we did it Mexican style with Margaritas (non-alcoholic of course!!).


Aside from Starbucks, I also took Kathleen to my other favorite cafe called "Chai". Coffee and good conversation with a great friend...can't ask for anything better than that!
So, there it is. A little of what I've been up to lately. My attempt at not letting Facebook completely take over.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Way to go girl, don't let facebook kill the blogging star! :) I'm with you, hanging onto my blogging!

8:49 PM  
Blogger kathleen marie said...

weird. looks like you got spam on your blog?
And I hear that Kathleen girl is pretty cool....

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home