Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Since Then...

So, Jen just asked me tonight if I'd decided to stop blogging, and I told her that it wasn't an intentional decision...but it would appear so by my obvious lack of blogging in almost 3 months! Does it ever feel like technology just makes life more difficult, rather than easier? So, I don't have a clue if anyone is even checking this thing anymore, but I thought I'd write a few things, send them off into space, for those who might (like my Aunty Minna).

It feels like I've lived an entire year since I last wrote! My sister has been to visit me again, we hosted a young married couple (Krista and Mark) for a month while they studied Spanish, hosted some of the TREK leaders, my aunts and uncle came for a visit. Not to mention using our house to celebrate many TREK/youth birthday parties, sleepovers, pyjama parties, an all-night TREK farewell...wow, I'm exhausted just remembering back. No wonder I haven't blogged!

With all that we've had going on, and looking ahead to a continuously busy summer, I felt encouraged by a verse I read today in Colossians 3:16- "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." I love the image of allowing God's word to "dwell in me richly". And I realize that I really have nothing to give to teams, youth, and those I'm discipling if I'm not spending significant time resting and soaking up his word.

Sorry I got a little preachy, but it's one of those basic truths that I feel like I need to be reminded of all too often, and maybe my life lesson can serve to encourage someone else today (if you're actually reading!).

Well, until the next time...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, you still have readers. And this reader really appreciates your updates (as well as your message). :-)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Sandra Plett said...

Good to know...that was a fast response...who are you "anonymous"?

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep still checking your blog. i love to hear what is happening in Mexico. But it is hard to blog when you are so busy (i know that for sure)take care sandra!!!

Gatim

9:32 PM  
Blogger Paula Reyes said...

si todavia veo tu blog, no siempre, pero por alla de vez en cuando, yo acabo de caer en cuenta que el mio tampoco habia sido updated, pero ahi escribi algo jejej, pero bueno amiga mia, aqui estoy jeje, gracias por compartir lo que pasa contigo, un abrazo, te quiero mcuhisimoo y bueno espero nos veamos pronto, si que emocion, jijii

9:56 PM  
Blogger Colin said...

couple of things...

1. you preach girl whenever you want to!

2. yes, tech stuff makes life a little bit more difficult. especially when it comes to blogging. i feel your pain.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

Hi Sandra,

I still check in here occasionally, though it has been a while. I am right there with you on the blogging thing. I just updated my blog after a couple of months of not blogging because I was spending too much time on Facebook! But I still like reading your blog. :)
Hugs,
Christa

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home