Bat...or Butterfly?
So, this morning I had a panicky moment when I was in my bathroom, getting ready for the day. All of a sudden something dark flew above my head, and all I saw was this shadow as it passed by the light. And then I saw it land in the dark corners of my shower. All I could see was that it was black, and had large wings!!!! Not wanting to stir the wild beast now resting in my shower, I quietly left the bathroom, making sure to close the door behind me. Jen went to get Luis, our maintenance man to help me out with what I was ALMOST positive was a BAT!!!
Luis cautiously opened the door, and breathed a sigh of relief as he told me it was just a butterfly. I had to laugh at that one! But just so you all know, it WAS large, and it WAS black!! But, it was also quite beautiful.
So, the next task was trying to get the butterfly out, and Luis assured me that killing it with insecticide was the only way. I felt a wee bit bad, but willingly got the insecticide to help him out. In the end, the butterfly made it's way out the window, and flew off to safety.
Luis tells me that the superstition here is that if a butterfly flies into your house it can mean one of 3 things: 1. Someone has died; 2. Someone will come for a visit; 3. You will receive news. I asked whether it would be good or bad news, and he told me it depends on the news you receive! Haha! Gotta love the circular thinking. And personally, I'm placing all my hopes on #2!!
Luis cautiously opened the door, and breathed a sigh of relief as he told me it was just a butterfly. I had to laugh at that one! But just so you all know, it WAS large, and it WAS black!! But, it was also quite beautiful.
So, the next task was trying to get the butterfly out, and Luis assured me that killing it with insecticide was the only way. I felt a wee bit bad, but willingly got the insecticide to help him out. In the end, the butterfly made it's way out the window, and flew off to safety.
Luis tells me that the superstition here is that if a butterfly flies into your house it can mean one of 3 things: 1. Someone has died; 2. Someone will come for a visit; 3. You will receive news. I asked whether it would be good or bad news, and he told me it depends on the news you receive! Haha! Gotta love the circular thinking. And personally, I'm placing all my hopes on #2!!

6 Comments:
Hello Sandra!!!
I been keeping on all what you're doing in Mexico, is good be in the field, I'm talking for myself too...
If you want practice your Sapnish you can get into my blog www.aidaluzvv.blogspot.com.
Buen trabajo y adelante
jejejejje.
i hate those butterflies, it has happened in my house too, but here in colombia people think it´s the first option,, someone has died.
you´re lucky it wasn´t a bat.
ok blessings my friend, te amo.
ha ha ha ha scared of butterfliesit. That one made me chuckle. I can just see it getting ready for a shower and a freaking out. And again I say chuckle chuckle chuckle
From your daddy
WOW. Now THAT'S funny! I can totally see you being all scared. HAHAHA! Why on earth wouldn't you check it out before you ran for help?! And then your supposed to kill it? For crying out loud, its a butterfly! I always love all the things it could mean. Could those options be any more no direct or what?! haha
It was a scary butterfly!! And would YOU want to risk having a vampire bat swoop down and suck all your blood?!! Okay, so I have issues with an overactive imagination at times.
Yes. Yes you do. And thanks to that, I too haven't been able to eat meat since I was, oh, 5? JERK!
Post a Comment
<< Home