Snowmen in Mexico!!??

There's just something about living in a place with 20+ degree weather and sunshine almost every day, and seeing snowmen all over the place! It baffles the mind of this prairie girl!! Here are a few other pictures I took in Walmart today...



Actually, it makes me a little sad. I've often thought about how Christmas has become very commercialized, but I don't think it's ever hit me quite this hard. When I see something that so obviously doesn't belong in this culture, and in this climate, I realize that Christmas has become about something else. Oh sure, I see the nativity scenes too (and they are beautiful!), but they're kind of hidden among all the glitz and snow! Just something to think about...(and don't get me wrong...I'm definitely going to miss having snow for Christmas!)
On a completely different note...here is a random sign that I saw one day when Jen and I were walking in a local park, and it made me laugh.

How exactly does one go "0 Km/Hr"? I know, I know...if you look really closely you can see that the "1" has been worn off somehow, and that, in fact, it should be a "10". But, I got a good laugh out of it anyway.

3 Comments:
Snow men in Mexico...now I have seen everything.
es cierto muchos no conocen los muñecos de nieve pero de todas formas hacer parte de la navidad, no importa si estas a mas de 20 grados centigrados.
Ah, si mi sobrina janis es muy parecida a mi pero mas a mi hermana, Dios te bendiga mi amiga
besos
I for one love the disco lookin' snow men. What the heck? I guess they had to have a little of their culture in there. Christmas is lame hey? I feel pressure to save up money and buy wicked awesome things for people when all I really want to do is cuddle them... honestly, people find more joy in gifts then affection.
Post a Comment
<< Home