Team Retreat
So, after researching a few possibilities in this area, we found a place called Chimulco, about 45 minutes away. Apparently there are a lot of Hot Springs surrounding Guadalajara, so we went to this resort-type place, where every pool (and there were several!), the children's water park, and even the water slides are supplied with the natural water from these hot springs.
We rented a little cabin for the 5 of us.

And here's a shot of the quality artwork that adorned the inside.

Why buy a painting, when you can just paint it directly on the wall? At least you know it won't get stolen that way! And this next picture was my personal favorite!

The painted on headboard...now that's a classic! So, as a team we spent some time playing games.


Yep...I managed to mostly avoid the whole "Settlers of Catan" craze while I CBC, only playing a couple times in all my years there. And now I'll admit that I've gotten into it. It's fun!
We got to enjoy some nature... there was even a small "lake" nearby.

And we had a bit of a team meeting, to evaluate how things are going so far. It's hard to believe I've been here for 7 1/2 months!! It was good to reflect on what we've been doing well, what have been some challenges, and what we'd like to see more of in the future. It was nice to have this conversation in such a relaxed setting.

And then the fun began! First we tried out the "Hydro-massage" pool, which was an interesting experience. Here are a few pictures of our good times! Here are Trever and Joan enjoying the relaxing bursts of hot water shooting at their heads! Don't they look relaxed?

And here are the 4 of us, relaxing and enjoying the massaging effects of the water!! Once we figured out how it worked, it was kind of nice actually.

Then we tried to go on the waterslides...but they kept strange hours, and closed down just as we were about to go! So, then we settled on lying down and soaking up a little sun. The lounge chair was a bit awkward for me, so I tried various positions to get comfortable!! Hey, whatever works!

Once we left our "resort", we drove around checking out a couple other ones, to get ideas for when groups come down, and we need something special to do with them. It was interesting for me that all these places are fueled with hot water...since the weather is already hot...but, it was actually very refreshing!
When we got back to GDL, we went out for supper at the "Outback Steakhouse". I know, I know...for those of you who know me, you know how much I LOVE to sink my teeth into a big, juicy steak. But, the pasta was actually quite good!
So, I'm feeling refreshed, and relaxed, and ready to take on the next phase of ministry that we're going into!

4 Comments:
Man it looks like you have a seriously hard job out there. What, with all your 'breaks' and such!
No but really... how much money did you get?! That's awesome.
My fav. is all the painted things as well. I think that's a great idea! I will adopt it and do that in my house as well.
Thank you Sandra. Thank you Mexico!
Yes, the wall painting and the execution style "relaxation pool" were my favorites! Hope your painting goes well. Can't wait to see pictures!
"execution style" that's hillarious.
pictures? dang it! I need to take some of those!!
Post a Comment
<< Home