Billy Graham Comes to Mexico
For those of you who believe in prayer, I would appreciate your prayers this weekend. Starting tonight (Thurs.), tomorrow night and Saturday night there is a program running on TV, put on by Billy and Franklin Graham. It is a campaign to bring the traditional "Billy Graham Crusade" into every Mexican home. We have been talking about it in church, and encouraging people to invite their non-Christian friends and family members into their homes to watch it together.
So, tomorrow night Jen and I are hosting a youth-oriented evening. We encouraged some of the youth in our church to invite their friends, and we've invited a couple of ours. So, we're praying for a good turnout, and for a good response to the program.
The goal is for 1 million people to make a decision to accept Christ. This seems huge to me, but I trust that God can do the seemingly impossible. Please pray with me that many lives would be touched and changed through this opportunity!
So, tomorrow night Jen and I are hosting a youth-oriented evening. We encouraged some of the youth in our church to invite their friends, and we've invited a couple of ours. So, we're praying for a good turnout, and for a good response to the program.
The goal is for 1 million people to make a decision to accept Christ. This seems huge to me, but I trust that God can do the seemingly impossible. Please pray with me that many lives would be touched and changed through this opportunity!

3 Comments:
This sounds great! However, I am curious in knowing how you can set a goal? It's not exactly like fundraising for a missions trip and asking people to please donate. You know I'm all for what you're doing, heck - I'm even hoping to come there! But the word 'goal' for some reason seems to bother me in this kind of situation. When is your deadline for this goal? How do you know it WONT happen within the next 35 years? Just curious...
I agree with you...it's tough to monitor this sort of "goal"...and it was set up by the people who planned this whole thing for Mexico. It's been done in other countries (even Canada!) and I guess they've set goals based on the percentage of people professing to be Christians in the country, linked with a lot of prayer. And I suppose it's good to set some sort of goal to encourage people to aim for something. But, it's true...it's hard to know when it might happen. Something to pray towards I suppose!
One more thing... who are you encouraging to aim for something? Encouraging Christians to plan for more Christians? Or, encouraging the country that God is movin' in?
Post a Comment
<< Home