Monday, March 26, 2007

Melissa Comes to Mexico!


Hey Everyone! Well, these last couple of weeks have been a busy blur, and even now I don't have a lot of time to update this thing. But, I thought I'd at least throw up a couple pictures and let you all know what's been going on.

We've been busy putting together a couple of "coffee house" nights for youth at our church. Melissa was the main musician for both evenings, and it was a great opportunity for our youth to invite non-Christian friends, and also to bring the youth from our different churches together.

This was also a trial run, to see if setting up a cafe is going to fly around here. And, although this was new for a lot of people, it seemed like a really great turn-out and an awesome atmosphere. Here are a few pictures.



Melissa also sang for us in church yesterday. She taught them to sing "The Lord is Gracious and Compassionate" in English. They loved it!



There are a lot more stories and pictures of our adventures...but most of the pictures are on Melissa's computer...so I'll try and get those here sometime soon. Or you can check out her blog (which she's been better at updating) at www.moreyammering.blogspot.com


Tonight she's playing a show at one of the local Starbucks...so that should be a fun way to hopefully meet more people. For those of you who pray...please continue to pray that God would use her to encourage and reach different people with His love this week.


10 Comments:

Blogger Anthony Plett said...

Oh it's so nice to see you two sisters togethor working for the Lord. Sorry I couldn't resist saying that, ha ha ha, I feel like a really bad person right now.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Sandra Plett said...

You're funny...and so spiritual! It's good to know we've got such a spiritual brother supporting us:)

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PTL...P..T..L...
I just wanted to thank you for making sure the first photo on your blog was of me looking, well, "special". I feel "touched".

5:34 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

I never even noticed. Melissa have you gotten into the "chew" down there in Mexico?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Sandra Plett said...

I like that picture...it's what I call an "action shot". Haha...does it look like she's gotten into the "chew"?

9:33 AM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

looks like she's just gearing up for a spit.

11:10 AM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

What?! Heck no! But let me tell you one thing... I wish more people were into the chew. The smoke down here is SO bad!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great to me I am so proud of you girls. Do the people from starbucks come to the coffeehouse at church? Dad says " I like the way you word it, Melissa comes to Mexico." It'll never be the same for you after this. Dad, proud of you guys.

6:50 AM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

Yeah, and Winnipeg wont be the same for me. I have to get back there, pay my bills, and think about comin' on back out here...

7:43 PM  
Blogger Paula Reyes said...

tu hermana y tu son igualitas, que bueno que puedas compartir tiempo con ella alla.

Un abrasito ah y quisas si visite MEXICO este año, hay que orar!!!

estamos hablando

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home