Monday, March 12, 2007

One Year Anniversary!

Yesterday was a special day as I celebrated one year of living in Guadalajara, Mexico!


It's hard to believe that Jen and I have already been through one full year, and it was kind of fun to reminisce about our first day...driving into Guadalajara, and bumbling our way to Trever and Joan's house (we're still not sure how we ACTUALLY made it there), and unloading our over-packed car!! What a day that was.

And my main thought was..."Oh, shoot! Now what?!!" After months of planning and preparing, raising funds and working on my visa, we were actually here. The reality started settling in that I was now here to stay...for a few years!!

And that first month was so intense as we jumped into language school, church, team life, and mainly looking for a place to live. It's nice, now that I've been here for a year, to realize how much I've adjusted, and how much I've grown to love Guadalajara, and Mexico. I love where I live, I love the people I work with, and I love that God has called me here for right now.

This morning I had one of those moments (I have these every so often) where I was looking out the window and I thought "I live in Mexico"...sometimes it still doesn't seem real!

9 Comments:

Blogger matt wall said...

happy anniversary

9:35 AM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

Ummm... you want me to read this and you don't even mention me?! Nice. Thanks. Glad I was such a wonderful part of your "special" day.
pfft

10:00 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

That would be so weird. You live in Mexico, awesome. Happy one year anniversary on bailing just before my birthday. I know I will always cherish that memory.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

Not everythings about you Melissa.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

Happy Anniversary Sandra! I love reading your blog to find out about what you are doing, but I read the comments because your family makes me laugh! :o)
Love Christa

4:39 PM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

You know, I wouldn't have to PUSH it on you Anth if you actually took notice of me, and my blog, for once!!!

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversay sandra, i can't seem to get your blog on my computer so i have to wait till dad gets home with his. kids will you stop your bickering, what about me i brought you all into the world.

8:44 AM  
Blogger kathleen marie said...

Sandra! Wow...congrats! We have something in common you and I...because I often look out the window and think, "I can't believe Sandra lives in Mexico" too.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

I don't know Kathleen, but I like her. Sandra you don't even know how lucky you are, we're still sitting at -25...

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home