More Adventures with Melissa
Awwwww....sisters!!!!

Melissa helped us put on 2 amazing coffee-house nights, which really encouraged us for the future when we hope to have an actual cafe up and running. This was like a test run to see how it would go over. So, it was great to have both her musical talents, but also her coffee expertise!

That's Trever enjoying one of Kenia's famous Frappuccino's...and Joan made some pretty fabulous deserts!


It's a little "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" dog!! And...if you can't beat her, join her...

Apparently this little guy is 90% Canadian Wolf and 10% dog.
Melissa also got the chance to meet some of my friends here, and hang out with the youth.

Yep...we went bowling! And one of the guys in our youth group owns a Mini Cooper...so Melissa's first experience of getting behind the wheel and driving in Mexico...that's right!

One of Melissa's greatest contributions during her time here, in my opinion, was just how much she loved getting into the culture here, practicing her Spanish ("solo hablo un poco de espanol" ), and touring around and making life very fun for me!!!! So, here are just a bunch of random pictures.
Mexican Senoritas!
Keeping the law in Mexico!
Random street sign in a random little town.
All dressed up...look out Mexico!!!

Making friends in the local meat-shop! You know how us Plett girls love meat!!!
Comparing colors, from left to right: Melissa, me, Kenia, and Daniel (Colombian).
Riding a bit of a sketchy bus.
Mmm...tacos...well, quesadillas actually!
Melissa coming out of the local Saloon!
A little tradition...buying matching pyjamas.
My Mom sent our Easter eggs along so we could do the traditional Easter Egg Hunt. We're pretty excited...

Some of you know what an ordeal it has been to try and get our new coffee machine down here from the States!! Well, Trever finally managed to get it here. Yay! Thanks for those who have prayed. So, on Melissa's last day here she quickly gave us a crash course in how to use it.
And here she's serving us the first drink! Mmmm!
And, I don't have a sunset picture for my dad in order to finish off this blog. But, I think you'll like this one just as much dad! We know how much you love your flowers...and your girls!!


Well, after 3 amazing, fun-filled weeks with my sister, she has returned to Canada once again. I have to admit that I've been using the last couple of days to get caught up on some much-needed rest:) But seriously, it was so great to have her here, and to go exploring, and spend time getting to know and encouraging people here in GDL.
Melissa helped us put on 2 amazing coffee-house nights, which really encouraged us for the future when we hope to have an actual cafe up and running. This was like a test run to see how it would go over. So, it was great to have both her musical talents, but also her coffee expertise!

That's Trever enjoying one of Kenia's famous Frappuccino's...and Joan made some pretty fabulous deserts!
Melissa also played a couple of nights at a local Starbucks...

And right near the Starbucks we met this group of retired men who hang out on this street corner every day. So we stopped and chatted with them a few times. They were super-sweet and loved to chat and serve us chamomile tea.

We did a bunch of Random Acts of Kindness where we handed candy out to children...I know...it sounds so sketchy...but mostly they loved it! We also went out of the city into "poorer" communities and met a bunch of kids.

It's a little "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" dog!! And...if you can't beat her, join her...
Apparently this little guy is 90% Canadian Wolf and 10% dog.
Melissa also got the chance to meet some of my friends here, and hang out with the youth.

One of Melissa's greatest contributions during her time here, in my opinion, was just how much she loved getting into the culture here, practicing her Spanish ("solo hablo un poco de espanol" ), and touring around and making life very fun for me!!!! So, here are just a bunch of random pictures.
Mexican Senoritas!
Keeping the law in Mexico!
Random street sign in a random little town.
All dressed up...look out Mexico!!!
Making friends in the local meat-shop! You know how us Plett girls love meat!!!
Comparing colors, from left to right: Melissa, me, Kenia, and Daniel (Colombian).
Riding a bit of a sketchy bus.
Mmm...tacos...well, quesadillas actually!
Melissa coming out of the local Saloon!
A little tradition...buying matching pyjamas.
My Mom sent our Easter eggs along so we could do the traditional Easter Egg Hunt. We're pretty excited...
And here she's serving us the first drink! Mmmm!

12 Comments:
Best. Blog. EVER! I need to figure out how to make a link from mine to yours... you pretty much summed it all up I think!
oh yeah, and I'm choked up a teeny weeny bit:-)
awww...so cute:) Glad you liked the blog...I was wondering what you'd think. Miss you!
That is so neat, to see all the different things you 2 were up to. Love the P.J's if you can call them that. Looks like you had a lot of fun, sure glad Melissa could help out with the coffee maker and that it finally arrived. Dad loves the flower picture & the daughters!
Yeah, we figured Dad would like that one the most. BUT, we all know he loves the FLOWERS and LIKES the daughters:-)
Good blog there Sandy D.
And good pictures girls...way to make us all jealous of you and your adventures... ;)
Yeah, we're pretty much the most adventurous!!
:-)
sandra que lindo blog, pero sobre todo que bueno que pasaste un buen tiempo con tu hermana.
Dios te bendiga, un abrazo amiga
DANG I miss Mexico! I NEED to get back there ASAP!!
Time for a back home blog Sandra!
YEAH san... we're waiting...
As soon as I can...I don´t have my laptop here...and when I came home I found out that our internet is down...I´m working on it!!
Post a Comment
<< Home